This is how Rådhusgata in Kvadratuen looks like an early Saturday morning. A few cars drive by so Heffanutt and Ant King stay on the footpath
Another old building (built 1625 -1630), the city’s Town Hall from 1734
Heffanutt thinks old buildings tell a story on their own, he kind of liked this house, and wonders what’s behind that gate.
More from Oslo:
Dronning Eufemias gate
Some photos to feed your imagination, or at least to feed the boy`s imagination… Ant King can make up really spooky stories out of this. Heffanutt won`t listen to any stories, the word “spooky” was enough for him to get the chills.
These buildings are situated close to the fortress.
A close up of an old building taken by a not so tall Ant King
Heffanutt and Ant King are continuing their walk around Akershus Fortress area, now photographing old buildings in Kvadraturen.
Kvadraturen is the area between Akershus Fortress and Grensen, Jernbanetorget, and Egertorget. This was King Christian IV’s town from the Renaissance. Several well-preserved buildings from the 17th century can be seen in Kvadraturen.
The oldest building in Kvadraturen area (to the right) is called “Rådmanngården” – The city managers house – It was built for the city manager Lauritz Hansen in 1626. The yellow building (left) was built around 1700.
This building (built 1641) was the city’s town hall from 1641 to 1733